From the cloud a voice is heard: “This is my Son, the Beloved; listen to him!” (Mark 9:7), “This is my Son, the Beloved; with him I am well pleased; listen to him!” (Matthew 17:5), and “This is my Son, my Chosen; listen to him!” (Luke 9:35) After the voice has spoken, the disciples find themselves alone with Jesus.
- 1 What is the voice from heaven say?
- 2 Can humans hear the voice of God?
- 3 What does it mean when you hear a voice wake you up?
- 4 How do we hear God’s voice in the Bible?
- 5 What are signs that God is talking to you?
- 6 Who heard the voice of God in the Bible?
- 7 How does Holy Spirit speak to us?
- 8 Why do I hear voices sometimes?
- 9 What does it mean when you hear a voice and nobody’s there?
- 10 How do you deal with hearing voices?
- 11 Why do I hear voices in my head at night?
What is the voice from heaven say?
In the King James Version of the Bible the text reads: And lo a voice from heaven, heavens said, “This is my beloved. Son, with whom I am well pleased.”
Can humans hear the voice of God?
We can learn to hear God speak through his Church, through the love of his people and through the voice of his priests and pastors. When we listen to, read and study the Holy Scriptures, he speaks using the voice of our heart.
What does it mean when you hear a voice wake you up?
Voices as you fall asleep or wake up – these are to do with your brain being partly in a dreaming state. The voice might call your name or say something brief. You might also see strange things or misinterpret things you can see. These experiences usually stop as soon as you are fully awake.
How do we hear God’s voice in the Bible?
How to practice listening prayer
- Come to God with your request for guidance.
- Wait in silence for God to speak for 10-12 minutes.
- Jot down any Scripture, songs, impressions, or pictures God gives you.
- Share how God spoke to you with your prayer partners and follow God’s will.
What are signs that God is talking to you?
Instead, you can make new decisions.
- God’s Word. Do you do your devotions or Bible study every day but consciously choose to live in direct opposition to His word?
- God’s Audible Voice. Perhaps you’ve heard testimonies of people hearing God speak to them.
- Wise Counsel.
- Visions & Dreams.
- Your Inner Knowing.
- Blocked Paths.
Who heard the voice of God in the Bible?
Samuel heard the voice of God, but did not recognize it until he was instructed by Eli (1 Samuel 3:1–10). Gideon had a physical revelation from God, and he still doubted what he had heard to the point of asking for a sign, not once, but three times (Judges 6:17–22,36–40).
How does Holy Spirit speak to us?
The scriptures usually use the word voice. “ Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do” (2 Nephi 32:3).
Why do I hear voices sometimes?
There are many significant factors that can cause hearing voices. The major factors that contribute to this condition are stress, anxiety, depression, and traumatic experiences. In some cases, there might be environmental and genetic factors that cause such hearing of voices.
What does it mean when you hear a voice and nobody’s there?
Hearing voices is actually quite a common experience: around one in ten of us will experience it at some point in our lives. Hearing voices is sometimes called an ‘auditory hallucination’. Some people have other hallucinations, such as seeing, smelling, tasting or feeling things that don’t exist outside their mind.
How do you deal with hearing voices?
Ignore the voices, block them out or distract yourself. For example, you could try listening to music on headphones, exercising, cooking or knitting. You might have to try a few different distractions to find what works for you. Give them times when you agree to pay attention to them and times when you will not.
Why do I hear voices in my head at night?
Summary. Hearing voices at night is not uncommon. While it can be a sign of a mental health condition such as schizophrenia, it is also seen when sleep is disrupted, after stress or trauma, or with certain medications or medical conditions.