Psalm 117, the shortest chapter, is also the middle chapter of the Bible, being the 595th Chapter. Psalm 119 is the longest chapter of the Bible.
- 1 What are the 5 shortest verses in the Bible?
- 2 What is the longest and the shortest verse in the Bible?
- 3 What is the easiest Bible verse?
- 4 What’s the last word in the Bible?
- 5 Who is the oldest man in the Bible?
- 6 Who Wrote the Bible?
- 7 What are the 2 shortest scriptures in the Bible?
- 8 What are the shortest verses in the KJV Bible?
- 9 What is the best verse in Bible?
- 10 What is the longest verse in the Bible?
- 11 What is a good Bible verse for a beginner?
- 12 What Bible verse gives you strength?
What are the 5 shortest verses in the Bible?
Top 10 Shortest Verses in the Bible
- John 11:35 KJV. Jesus wept.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:16 KJV. Rejoice evermore.
- Luke 17:32 KJV. Remember Lot’s wife.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:17 KJV. Pray without ceasing.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:20 KJV. Despise not prophesyings.
- Exodus 20:13 KJV. Thou shalt not kill.
- Exodus 20:15 KJV.
- Deuteronomy 5:17 KJV.
What is the longest and the shortest verse in the Bible?
According to Biola University, the shortest verse in the English Bible is John 11:35, coming in at just two words and nine letters: “Jesus wept.” However, the New Testament was written in Greek, and in the original language, that verse is 16 letters long: “Ἐδάκρυσεν ὁ Ἰησοῦς.” The shortest verse in the original Greek
What is the easiest Bible verse?
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. Psalm 139:14 – I praise you God, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Isaiah 43:5 Do not be afraid for I am with you. Psalm 1:6 – The LORD knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish.
What’s the last word in the Bible?
The first book of the Bible is Genesis and the first words are “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.” The last book in the Bible is Revelation and the last words read” The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen. ”
Who is the oldest man in the Bible?
His was the longest human lifespan of all those given in the Bible, 969 years. According to the Book of Genesis, Methuselah was the son of Enoch, the father of Lamech, and the grandfather of Noah. Elsewhere in the Bible, Methuselah is mentioned in genealogies in 1 Chronicles and the Gospel of Luke.
Who Wrote the Bible?
According to both Jewish and Christian Dogma, the books of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy (the first five books of the Bible and the entirety of the Torah) were all written by Moses in about 1,300 B.C. There are a few issues with this, however, such as the lack of evidence that Moses ever existed
What are the 2 shortest scriptures in the Bible?
“Jesus Wept,” found in the Gospel of John, chapter 11, verse 35. It is the shortest verse in English, with only 9 letters. Second Shortest Bible Verse in English Luke 20:30 “and the second,” with only 12 letters in English.
What are the shortest verses in the KJV Bible?
The shortest verse in the Bible can be found in the Gospel according to John chapter 11 verse 35. The King James Version (KJV) of this verse contains just two words. “Jesus wept.” John 11 verse 35 KJV.
What is the best verse in Bible?
15 Bible Verses to Encourage You
- John 16:33. “In the world you will have tribulation.
- Isaiah 41:10 (NIV) “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
- Philippians 4:6–7 (NIV)
- Psalm 34:4–5, 8.
- Romans 8:28.
- Joshua 1:9.
- Matthew 6:31–34 (NIV)
- Proverbs 3:5–6.
What is the longest verse in the Bible?
Esther 8:9 is the longest verse in the Bible.
What is a good Bible verse for a beginner?
2 Timothy 3:16 – “All scripture is God-breathed, and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness.” 8. James 1:5 – “If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.”
What Bible verse gives you strength?
Nehemiah 8:10 Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength. Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Exodus 15:2 The Lord is my strength and my song; he has given me victory.