“Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.” “Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.”
- 1 What does God teach us about patience?
- 2 Where in the Bible does it say patience is a virtue?
- 3 What does the Bible say about patience and perseverance?
- 4 How can I be patient with God?
- 5 How did Jesus demonstrate patience?
- 6 What happens when we don’t wait on God?
- 7 How do you develop patience?
- 8 What are the benefits of patience?
- 9 What is patience produced us?
- 10 Who in the Bible showed patience?
- 11 What does the Bible say about patience KJV?
- 12 How many times is patience in the Bible?
- 13 How can I be patient when God makes you wait?
- 14 Why does God makes us wait?
- 15 How has God shown you his patience?
What does God teach us about patience?
The Bible helps us understand patience. Romans 5:3-4 says, “And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope.” This tells us that tribulations produce perseverance, or patience.
Where in the Bible does it say patience is a virtue?
2 Peter 3:9. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
What does the Bible say about patience and perseverance?
Romans 5:3-5 KJV. And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
How can I be patient with God?
Waiting on God’s Timing is Hard, Yet God’s Timing is Always Perfect
- #1: Waiting on God’s plans requires patience and faith.
- #2: Waiting is hard, but the wait has a purpose.
- 1) Pray.
- 2) Read Your Bible.
- 3) Surrender to the Process.
- 4) Consider the Lessons in the Wait.
- 5) Focus on the Blessings.
How did Jesus demonstrate patience?
“Though absolutely unyielding in adherence to the truth, He exemplified patience repeatedly during His mortal ministry. He was patient with His disciples, including the Twelve, despite their lack of faith and their slowness to recognize and understand His divine mission.
What happens when we don’t wait on God?
The moral of the story is, when you don’t wait on the Lord, you end up with consequences that hurt or nag you in the end. The Lord knows what’s best for us and that’s why he wants us to wait for his appointed time to make things happen.
How do you develop patience?
Here are five strategies to increase your patience:
- Take the long view when making decisions. Our lives are full of decisions, big and small.
- Create a buffer between activities.
- Be a patient listener.
- Practice patience.
- Seek to reduce your stress.
- Push back on unreasonable demands.
What are the benefits of patience?
5 Powerful benefits of patience
- You make thoughtful decisions. Contrary to making rushed and irrational decisions, you can carefully assess your situation and make more sensible judgment when you’re being patient.
- You cultivate enduring relationships.
- You think long-term.
- You find inner peace.
- You learn to be kind.
What is patience produced us?
Patience is waiting with grace and it’s what enables us to live in this demanding world and still have love, joy and peace, and all the other fruits of the Spirit. Romans 8:26 says, “But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness.
Who in the Bible showed patience?
The Bible character most known for patience is Job, says Kristen, 7: “He had to wait for his sores to go away.”
What does the Bible say about patience KJV?
Hebrews 10:36 KJV For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
How many times is patience in the Bible?
Patience in Hebrew It occurs only twice in the NKJV: Nehemiah 9:30 NKJV and Jeremiah 15:15 NKJV. In the ESV version, it occurs only in Proverbs 25:15, while the NASB features it three times: Ecclesiastes 7:8 NASB, Isaiah 7:13 NASB, and Jeremiah 15:15 NASB.
How can I be patient when God makes you wait?
Waiting gives you something to hope for, pray for, and look to God alone for. So if you’re in a season of waiting— don’t lose heart. And don’t give up on God. Continue pouring out your hearts desires to Him and trusting that if it’s in His perfect will, then He will bring it to pass.
Why does God makes us wait?
5 Good Reasons to Trust God’s Timing Personally, there are many things I’m still waiting on. And I really wish they would work…
How has God shown you his patience?
God has patience with us “by waiting in line,” says Ashton, 5. ” God has patience with us because he is so, so, so very nice,” says Christian, 7. Yes, God is nice or gracious in that he doesn’t judge us immediately when we sin against him. But don’t mistake God’s slowness to anger for a compromise of his righteousness.