Comforting Bible Verses For Death
- Revelation 21:4. ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes.
- Psalm 34:18. The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
- Psalm 147:3. He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
- John 14:1.
- Joshua 1:9.
- Romans 8:28.
- Matthew 5:4.
- 1 Thessalonians 4:13-14.
- 1 What is a scripture for comfort?
- 2 What Scripture talks about comfort in time of loss?
- 3 What does the Bible say about lost love?
- 4 What the Bible says about grief and loss?
- 5 What is the most comforting scripture?
- 6 What is the most encouraging Psalm in the Bible?
- 7 What does Psalm 31 say?
- 8 What do you say to someone who lost their family?
- 9 What is a good sympathy message?
- 10 What is the meaning of Psalm 34 18?
- 11 How does God heal the brokenhearted?
- 12 What is the verse Jeremiah 29 11?
- 13 What God says about widows?
- 14 What is a good Bible verse for the loss of a mother?
- 15 What God says about difficult times?
What is a scripture for comfort?
2 Corinthians 1:3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. 9.
What Scripture talks about comfort in time of loss?
Psalm 23:4 Knowing that God is close by us no matter how dark and difficult the going gets and that He is there to comfort and protect us can help to ease feelings of abandonment during the depression stage of grief.
What does the Bible say about lost love?
“ The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” The Good News: Though you may feel defeated, God is closer than you realize. He is always with you and can heal your heart. “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
What the Bible says about grief and loss?
Psalm 34:18 “The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.” Psalm 73:26 “My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion forever.” Matthew 5:4 “Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.”
What is the most comforting scripture?
Psalm 9:9-10. The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Those who know your name trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you. Psalm 62:1-2 Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him.
What is the most encouraging Psalm in the Bible?
Psalm 23:1 –6 – “God, You are my shepherd, I lack nothing. You make me lie down in green pastures, You lead me beside still waters, You restore my soul. You lead me in paths of righteousness for Your name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me!
What does Psalm 31 say?
A psalm of David. In you, O LORD, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness. Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me. Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me.
What do you say to someone who lost their family?
The Best Things to Say to Someone in Grief
- I am so sorry for your loss.
- I wish I had the right words, just know I care.
- I don’t know how you feel, but I am here to help in any way I can.
- You and your loved one will be in my thoughts and prayers.
- My favorite memory of your loved one is…
- I am always just a phone call away.
What is a good sympathy message?
“ May you take comfort in loving memory and the friends and family that surround you.” “May the pain you feel now be nothing compared to joy found within the memories of (name.)” “I can’t express how much we loved and cherished (name). Our deepest condolences for your loss.”
What is the meaning of Psalm 34 18?
But this psalm offers us something different: God is near us when we are brokenhearted. The Bible is honest that this is sometimes our human experience: We feel that God is far away. But Psalm 34:18 counters this with a description of where God really is: God is near to the brokenhearted.
How does God heal the brokenhearted?
God quickens and renews us by the Living Word, through and by Jesus himself, who came to heal the brokenhearted through His payment of His own blood on the Cross. Our lives would totally be broken if Jesus had not put His own life on the line and took our own place for our sins.
What is the verse Jeremiah 29 11?
“’ For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. ‘” — Jeremiah 29:11.
What God says about widows?
The Lord watches over the foreigner and sustains the fatherless and the widow. He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. My comfort in my suffering is this; Your promise preserves my life. Sustain me, my God, according to your promise, and I will live; do not let my hopes be dashed.
What is a good Bible verse for the loss of a mother?
Sympathy Bible Verses for Loss of a Mother Proverbs 31:28-29 – Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all. Isaiah 66:13 – As one whom his mother comforts, so I will comfort you.
What God says about difficult times?
Do not fear or be dismayed. Deuteronomy 33:27 The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. Psalm 34:17 When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears, and rescues them from all their troubles. Isaiah 30:15 In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength.